We want to assure you that will we share your resume or video with a potential employer or contact your references only with your permission.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to confirm your acknowledgment and consent to the following ways in which RIM Recruitment Professionals may use and disclose the information you disclose to us.
By submitting personal information, you grant RIM Recruitment Professionals the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes.
Collection And Use Of Your Information
In very general terms, we will collect, use and disclose your personal information to attempt to place you in the employment of one of RIM Recruitment Professionals’ clients. For this purpose, and as part of this process, we will take several steps, including, but not limited to:
- Obtaining your résumé and references (and any updates thereof).
- Interviewing you.
- Producing a video clip of you.
- Speaking with your references.
- Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by RIM Recruitment Professionals or by an independent agency on behalf of RIM Recruitment Professionals.
- Evaluating all information about you to analyze your suitability for potential positions.
- Disclosing any information about you as provided by you, your references, and other sources to any present or future client of RIM Recruitment Professionals who, based on your qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of RIM Recruitment Professionals, has or may have a position to which you are or may be suited. We will not disclose your information to a present or future client without speaking to you first and receiving your verbal consent.
In order for us to assist you and our clients in the most effective way and to attempt to secure the best, most suitable position for you, we require certain information about you. We will obtain this information from you and external sources. To serve you, we need the following information from you:
- Your contact information [full name, including all past and present aliases, address(es), phone number(s), fax number(s), email address(es)].
- Your résumé (and any updates thereof).
- Reference contact details [name, business name, business address, business telephone number, your relationship with them and their position with the business]. We assume that before providing us with any contact details for your references, you have obtained their permission to do so.
- A description of the types of positions that interest you.
In using our services, we may also ask you to provide us with the following additional information:
- Educational records.
- Reference letters.
- Results of specialized testing or professional designation testing.
Notes we take when we interview you will also become part of the information we have on our file about you.
We, either directly or using external service providers, may collect, use and disclose some or all the following information for our file about you from sources other than yourself:
- Verification of education and professional qualification.
- Verification of employment history.
- Criminal and credit record check, if required by the position.
- Information obtained through reference and background checks.
In some cases, RIM Recruitment Professionals will initiate the collection of this information. In other cases, the information will be obtained at the request of our client. Regardless, we will not collect, use or disclose any such information unless we feel that it is reasonable to do so.
Please contact our Privacy Office as follows:
Contact address: 2 Sheppard Ave E, Suite 1500, Toronto, ON M2N 5Y7